I don’t mean to brag, but I just got an 18-pack of Bud Light for $13.69 and BOGO parmesan cheese—I feel a sense of accomplishment. (Also, on Thursday I finished my book just in time for PTI—talk about vacation, right?)
Oh, yeah, and I got my cast off yesterday. (Woooooooo…ew, my body is vile.)
But the biggest accomplishments of this vacation—indeed, the whole point of it—centered on my trip to San Diego. Here are some of the things I did:
- Sat next to a guy who was even more freaked out about the choppy-droppy flight than I was. (Seriously, he was shaking and twitching.)
- Negotiated a two-minute layover in ATL. On crutches.
- Learned how to use a knee scooter like a skilled, responsible pedestrian.
- …and then rode it bicycle-style down a hill before Thing 2 pushed me across the street.
- Diagnosed the difference between a heat wave in Florida and one in SD. (AC is, apparently, optional in SoCal.)
- Bought additional shorts and tank tops at Target.
- Shopped for sugar skulls and socks and shot glasses in Seaport Village, Spanish Art Village, Hillcrest and Ocean Beach.
- Saw sandcastles!
- Slept with the door open.
- Did my fantasy football draft in a dark, cool bar at 4 p.m. (Verdict so far? Fuck yeah Wes Welker.)
- Witnessed a plethora of bananas.
- Bonded with Thing 2’s friends over football, beer and Intervention.
- Caught up on My Drunk Kitchen.
- Got coffee at five different coffee shops and drinks at 10 different bars in six days.
- Ate burgers, carbonara, pizza, pigs in blankets, homemade salsa and five different kinds of tacos.
- Played “Boy Named Sue,” “Doin’ It” and “Brave” with a single jukebox dollar.
- Danced in a stranger’s apartment.
- Skyped with Thing 1 in Raleigh. (With special guest appearance by Captain Slack!)
- Spent an afternoon/evening brewery-hopping for three different San Diego samplers and some home brew nightcaps.
And now? At long last, wrote a blog.