“In our day-to-day circumstances, our self-regard is hungry for three things: an opportunity to be generous to the disadvantaged; an opportunity to be reverent to the noble; an opportunity to be superior to the ignorant. And we are more than eager to imagine these creatures before us, should we not encounter them naturally.”
Monthly Archives: March 2014
Top 10 reasons and excuses for not having posted in a while.
- Beau is living a much more exciting blog right now, with prettier pictures and better writing.
- I can’t stop listening to the new Eminem album.
- I’ve gotten sucked into The Goldfinch, but I’m not far enough into it to give a full assessment. (It’s good, though; definitely literary.)
- Mario Kart!
- Bolts’ playoff push.
- I just rediscovered Chain Rxn on Facebook.
- Surprise Sunday-Night Tequila Delivery Service.
- Getting pictures from my phone to WordPress is hard.
- Let’s face it: My fat ass needs more exercise.
- Work conversations like this:
Me: Also because [special issue] is less fun than a hysterectomy. We should put that on the cover. “219 local [redacted]! Less fun than a hysterectomy!”
McD: Yeah, there’s a catchy coverline! People would pick THAT issue up just to see what the hell was inside.
Not a uterus, that’s for sure.